Alexander van Terheyden
Finance & Investment Specialist
Fixed Income & Bonds| Asset Management | Client Accounts
Accomplished, senior finance manager with over 15 years of experience providing strategic planning, portfolio management, and operational oversight. Demonstrate sound judgement, strong financial acumen, technical expertise, and interpersonal skills to address complex challenges. Intuitive leader and team builder producing high-level performance output to meet and exceed set objectives. Excellent communicator and presenter providing exceptional service to clients to ensure profitability and long-term growth. Confidently execute strategies that drive positive results.
Technical proficiencies include: MS Office Suite, Bloomberg, Tradeweb, Market Access, Analytics.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Investment Banking
- Sales & Marketing
- Operations & Administration
- Portfolio Management & Control
- Investment Evaluation Analysis
- Strategic Business Development
- Team Building & Leadership
- Industry Networking
- Financial Modelling
- Project Management
- Client Relationships
COLEMAN ASSET MANAGEMENT, London, UK 2018
- Conducted daily passive and active trades of cash bonds for hedge fund; focused on analysis of government bonds, SSA’s and investment grade corporate bonds as well as high yield.
- Concentrated on identifying emerging trends and issues within primary market and seized value opportunities in secondary markets; achieved consistent monthly 1% return.
- Onboarded new institutional partners and oversaw management of KYC documentation; increased access and more than doubled the liquidity pool.
- Built upon and established profitable trading relationships and gained invaluable experience as to hedge fund operations and management; acted as liaison between Back Office and Settlements.
SCHNEIDER CAMARA, London, UK 2013 - 2017
Fixed Income Broker & Director
- Founded and directed financial investment firm to develop and establish strong relationships within the Fixed Income global market with core focus on UK government bonds and corporates.
- Hired, trained, and led a high-performance team of 12 brokers and dealers to develop profitable relationships – both Buy & Sell-side - around the globe; provided best execution across multiple platforms.
- Developed foreign business relationships through extensive client interactions; travelled extensively to conduct face-to-face client meetings.
- Managed day-to-day brokerage operations; acted as primary contact, conducted daily reconciliations, ran FX risk reports, and saw to a multitude of core administrative/operational requirements.
BASTION CAPITAL, London, UK 2012 – 2013
Fixed Income Interdealer Broker – Buy-side & Sell-side
- Structured investment transactions and monitored movement of government bonds, corporates, and financials.
- Assessed prices and made calculated offers in the best interest of clients to ensure short and long-term financial gains at a reduced risk.
THE LAZY FOX, Fulham, London, UK 2012 – 2015
- Revitalized restaurant/bar in severe decline and re-established presence in the local community.
- Oversaw daily operations and financial administration; managed multiple simultaneous priority projects; and ensured alignment of all developments with set objectives and original vision.
- Hired and supervised over 20 staff members; conducted regular performance reviews and evaluations.
R.P. MARTIN - GBP, London, UK 2010 – 2012
GBP IRS & Bond Broker/ Client Relationship Manager
- Developed expertise across all short, mid, and long levels of GBP Sterling Swaps and UK Government Bonds.
- Managed Gilt Desk and supervised team of four investment brokers; advanced technical skills in a variety of electronic trading platforms as well as sales and marketing.
- Managed accounts and maintained profitable relationships with high-level clientele including BNP, Citibank, HSBC, Mizuho, RBC, Barclays, Calyon, and Merrill Lynch.
HOXTON PROP LTD / SCHNEIDER TRADING PARTNERS, London, UK 2008 – 2010
- Maintained profitable returns on mixed portfolios: Forex (70%), Indices (15%), and Commodities (15%).
- Utilized strategies concentrated primarily on butterfly and box trades.
ICAP – FRA-CROSS / RESET, London, UK 2003 – 2007
Client Relationship Manager / Client Account Manager – Electronic Trading Sales (ETS) & Marketing
- Managed over 1/3 of company’s clients (All tiers of the hierarchy); enabled ICAP swap desks including London, Sydney, Singapore and New York, to uncover new channels, develop opportunities and capture key accounts.
- Executed broker runs focused on interest rate derivatives, and FRA mis-matching; supported growth of market share from 10% to 90% within four-year period.
- Maintained open channels with project managers; provided market insights, emerging trends, and possible existing and potential development opportunities within Electronic Trading Platforms.
- Contributed in the development of targeted product and brand promotions; assisted with organization of events as well as trade show, conference, and on-site sales and product performance presentations.
- Assisted Department Manager with major currency Runs including GBP, USD, EUR etc. and supervised team of five, processing over a dozens different currency Matching Runs.
- Directed daily workflows for Back Office, Administration, Reconciliation, and Desk Running.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BA (Hons) in Financial Services – Investment (2:1) | London Metropolitan University, London, UK
Diploma in Economics & Accounting | University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
4 A-Levels | Hills Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge, UK
13 GCSE’s – Grades A-C | Newport Grammar School
FCA: Registration No. ARV01009 | Nationality: British
Website - https://www.thewonderingenglishman.com/
Old Blog - http://vanterheyden.blogspot.com/ Blog 2
Please reach out to Alex van Terheyden for all inquires.